• Slideshow Widget

    {Feature Friday!}

    Apr 15, 2011

    Caitlin Pass

    Emerald Qld Australia


    I'm available to photograph Emerald and surrounding areas.



    1. Tell us a little bit about YOU.

    I'm 19 years old soon to be 20, I'm studying Graphic design and photography at university and loving it.



    2. How did you get into photography?

    I was given my first camera 3 years ago as a christmas present and I haven't put it down since. I'm always expanding my knowledge and I love learning more.





    3. Are you doing photography as a business or a hobby?

    At the moment I'm studying photography so its my hobby, but somewhere in the near future I would like to build up the confidence to start my own photography and graphic design business.



    4. What is your favorite subject to photograph? Why?

    I love taking photos of nature as you can take as much time as you'd like with it and work at getting your photos perfect. I would like to get into fashion photography but I am struggling to find the confidence or models to turn this dream into a reality.






    5. Who is your inspiration? Do you have any favorite photographers?

    My favourite photographer is Marcus Bell, I absolutely adore his photographs, they're just so innovative.





    6. What tips/advice do you have about photography and running your own business?

    I think that motivation is the key, and a strong will to learn more each day. Always let the client give you ideas, but in the end your the photographer so you have creative control.



    7. Tell us a strange or interesting fact about you.


    I was one of the 30 people in Qld, Australia to be awarded a "Creative Generation Art & Design Award" when I was in grade 12, my art has been exhibited in GoMA, Brisbane!  (that is amazing!!  Congrats Caitlin!)