• Slideshow Widget

    {Feature Friday!}

    Mar 18, 2011

    Erin and Geoffrey Photography


    Wedding photographer's located in Southern Lousiana (able to travel outside of state)



    1. Tell us a little bit about YOU.

    We are a husband and wife photography team who are photojournalists. We strive to be artistic when it comes to our job and we also offer two unique styles on each job we do. We always work together also, so we know each other very well. :) We've been happily married for almost 4 years this coming August and look forward to the many more years to come. We really enjoy traveling. Visiting new places is so much fun! We also are big Smallville fans. Haha! And we absolutely LOVE The Office!!! Any chance we get we watch an episode or two. :) We also have a puppy named Ellie who is basically like a child to us and is spoiled rotten. LOL!



    2.  How did you get into photography?

    My husband has always enjoyed taking pictures growing up and when we got our first DSLR camera, he couldn't put it down! I always liked photography but he taught me how to work with the camera and to capture everyday things that you wouldn't normally notice. I've grown to love it and we always try to learn from each other because that is what will make us a great team.



    3.  Are you doing photography as a business or a hobby?

    As of right now it is a business. Although we would love to do this full time, we still have another job that we tend to. We are pursuing this to be a full time business though in the near future!



    4.  What is your favorite subject to shoot?  Why?

    I (Erin) personally love photographing Bridals because I find it so much fun to have that one-on-one connection with my subject. My husband, Geoffrey, on the other hand, enjoys photographing the wedding itself because he loves capturing all the emotion on that one day, whether it be the look on the father's face when he has that special dance with his daughter or the emotion the groom is portraying when he sees his wife in her beautiful dress for the first time.



    5.  Who is your inspiration?  Do you have any favorite photographer's?

    My husband is always talking about Jasmine Star or Marcus Bell because of the way they run their business and especially their photographic styles. As of right now I personally like Marc Eric Photography. He's a local photographer and I love how he strives to find new ways of capturing the emotion and I personally am a BIG an of bright, colorful, action-filled photos.



    6.  Do you have any advice/tips about running your own business and/or photography?

    We would both agree that you try your hardest to find a style that fits you personally, because that is what will make you stand out of the crowd. We've done that and our photos also represent us and our personalities. Running your own business can be difficult at times, but stick with it! ALWAYS keep a record of things and a very good schedule. That is extremely important.



    7.  Tell us a strange or interesting fact about you.

    My husband is the cook in our house. Yep, that's right. I don't cook. I've even caught our oven on fire when we were first married. We had an old oven and I was attempting to make a deep dish pizza and the unexpected happened! LOL! I'm dangerous when it comes to kitchen appliances! Ha! Also, my husband is a neat freak. In a good way though. I don't know where I'd be without him! :)