• Slideshow Widget

    {Feature Friday!}

    Mar 11, 2011

    Sabrina Jenks Photography

    Seaside, California
    (available in all Monterey)




    1.  Tell us a little bit about YOU.

    I am from Brazil and I have had a passion for photography since I can remember. I adore to capture moments that made someone else happy because that makes me happy. I studied child development in Brazil and I am now in College studying Photography. I started to take pictures in 2008 and it's been a cool journey since then. I married my best friend and we are a military family with no kids yet. I love scary movies, to dance and being around family and friends. I am LDS and I am happy!



    2.  How did you get into photography?

    When I was a kid I was always taking pictures and when the cameras got better my desires got bigger. In 2008 when I was living in Virginia and I got a Canon Rebel and I loved the way pictures looked so I decided to give a shot and start my photography business. I started taking pictures of friends and family. Took some classes. Learned a lot about being in the business.I am just starting so I know I still have a long way to go but the journey is better if it is appreciated.

    1.jpg


    3.  Are you doing photography as a business or a hobby?

    Both. Being a military family is good but we moved a lot which means when I am starting to get my business going on we have to move again. So if I had friends in need of pictures, I took their pictures but I was blessed with some pretty amazing customers too. So I am just trying to build my business here in Seaside CA again :-)

    2.jpg


    4.  What is your favorite subject to photograph?  Why?

    Kids. They are authentic not that the others aren't but you can expect really cool poses, smiles from them and the pictures capture way more than just colors.

    blog21.jpg


    5.  Who is your inspiration?  Do you have any favorite photographers?

    I don't have a specific photographer but I am always looking at some photographers website and I am filling my brain with ideas. There are really AMAZING ( like you) photographers out there and each one has their own style and it's so cool that so many people can be united for just one thing : Passion!

    blog38.jpg


    6.  What tips/advice do you have about photography and/or running your own business?

    Don't be shy and don't be afraid to talk about your business. Use everything you can to promote your work. Study photography, we don't need expensive classes but read books, watch tutorials, get really involved. Never feel bad if you can't find 10 customers in one week, never compare your work with someone else to feel bad. Love what you do and you 'll love what you'll become.

    5.jpg


    7.  Tell us a strange or interesting fact about you.

    I am extremely shy and working with photography is helping so much.

    One Response to “{Feature Friday!}”