• Slideshow Widget

    Weekend Recipe | Utah Infant Photographer

    Mar 4, 2012

    It's time again for another weekend recipe!


    Today, I will show you how to take this photo from this:


    


    To this:



    So, very simple, light, and airy  :)


    What you will need:
    Photoshop Cs4 (may work in other versions of photoshop)


    Instructions:

    First, my white balance was a little off and I've got some funky colors going on in the background.  To fix that, I used my lasso tool to select the background (there are many different ways to do this, I just pick whatever's easiest for me).  I then created a hue/saturation adjustment layer and brought down the cyan, blue, and yellow sliders.

    I then brightened up the whole picture by duplicating the layer and setting it to screen at a very low opacity (like 15%).  I then followed the steps from my skin smoothing tutorial to even out her skin a little bit.  Don't over do this part because you don't want your subject to look like a porcelain doll.

    I then ran Classic Color from Florabella's Classic Workflow set.  I use this action at a very low opacity (like 25%) to add just a bit of pop to the photo.  Then I run my favorite action, Milk, from Florabella's Luxe II action set.  I ungroup the layers and adjust each one as so:  warm haze (15%), turn off cool haze, turn off more haze, pure milk (5%), tone (10%), contrast (10%),  lighten (10%).  Now of course all of these numbers depend on what photo you are working on and what kind of look you are going for.  In this photo, I was going for light, soft, and creamy, but not too much.  Don't be afraid to mess around with your settings.

    I also last minute cloned out the teddy bear poking up (and I didn't do a very good job, because I just noticed it before I was about to post this!  lol).

    and wa-la!

    Feel free to share links in the comment section below if you try out this recipe!  ;)