• Slideshow Widget

    My Bag of Tricks

    Nov 6, 2010

    One of my favorite things about photoshop is the ability to use and create actions!  They really make my editing life easier  :)  Although it does take me longer in some cases because I just can't decide which one I want to use! 

    I also became intrigued on how to make them.  I have a certain style and found that I was constantly tweaking other actions because they just weren't "right."  So, I've decided to experiment and make my own.  I'll be honest, I made about 50 of them and I didn't like a SINGLE one.  But I finally came up with some that I liked enough for me to use....and to share with you!

    I made a set of 3 actions:  pOp! (a little boost for your photos), berry sweet (a sweet vintage), and Bliss BW(my take on a more soft black & white).


    I added a vibrance layer to my pOp! action for a little extra "umph."  Every photo is a little bit different, so feel free to adjust or turn off any layers to suit your needs  :)

    In my berry sweet action, there is an optional layer called "warm me up" and it does just that.  In the above photo, I had that layer turned on.  In the photo below, I had that layer off.

    The Bliss BW action flattens your image at the end.  It is undoable.  So please make sure you save your file before using this action!

    *tip* - use the berry sweet action before the Bliss BW action to get a 'softer' feel to your photo.



    You can download my Bag of Tricks here.

    Also, if you'd like, feel free to share some of your photos that you've edited using my actions!