• Slideshow Widget

    {Feature Friday!}

    Jun 17, 2011

    K. Abigail Photography 






    1. Tell us a little bit about YOU.

    Aside from photography, I am a huge animal lover (-ahem- ....cows). I'm also a psychology major, which I enjoy very much! Aside from that, the rest of myself consists of photography. It is much easier to describe myself in photos. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words!

    DSC_0148.jpg


    2. How did you get into photography?

    I have always been interested in nature photography, but it wasn't until May 2010 that I began to develop an interest in human photography. I bought a Nikon D5000 in May and began to snap photos of family and friends; soon afterward, I began to offer free photo sessions to those who could not afford professional photos. By August, I began to start booking paying customers who enjoyed my editing style! It has been an addiction ever since.

    DSC_0251.jpg


    3. Are you doing photography as a business or a hobby?

    Both and both - I love having a little bit of money in my pocket after a long day's work of taking and editing photos, but photography will always be more of a hobby to me. I don't make a lot of money with my photography because I am learning how to help others with my talent. I am planning several themed photography sessions and taking all profits and donating them to a charity. For example, I am planning an April session for Alcohol Awareness, and an October session fr breast cancer awareness.



    4. What is your favorite subject to photograph? Why?


    I love photographing couples. I love the intimacy! Besides, it's always fun to pose more than one person at a time.

    DSC_05722.jpg


    5. Who is your inspiration? Do you have any favorite photographers?

    It isn't who my inspiration is, but what my inspiration is. Ideas, settings, and items that I tend to run into are what inspire me. I try not to let other photographers inspire my creation too much. ;)

    DSC_0138.jpg


    6. What tips/advice do you have about photography and/or running your own business?

    Don't feel like you have to follow all of the other photographers in order to be a great photographer. Oh... and if photography is a hobby for you, don't let it overwork you! Step back and take a breath if you begin to feel overwhelmed. It helps me to realize photography is fun, not serious.


    7. Tell us a strange or interesting fact about you.

    I have to sit down and edit a full session in one sitting or I will go crazy!

    DSC_0287.jpg